Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Let's try this again...

Yup. It happened. I had a feeling it might, and it did.

I dropped the ball once again on blogging. I told myself this time would be different. This time, I would be consistent. This time, I would post at least once a week.

And then it happened.


Life got in the way and I just got lazy. So now, I'm going to try again. But what is different this time? I'm not going to try and be like anybody and do what anybody else does. No pressure. I'm going to be me. So before I update you (anyone out there?) on what has gone on in my life the past year, let me elaborate on what that means.

When I started this blog, I was on a DIY high. I was running into all these really great blogs by people who renovated their entire houses all by themselves, made so many wonderful things with random finds, and barely spent any money doing it. I was completely amazed and thought, "If they can do it, why can't I?" So, I tried. I made a list of everything I wanted to post -- anything from recipes, to home decor, to DIY, to my pregnancy, to just life. And then, I failed. I wrote a couple posts, actually made some things (which I failed to post about), and I got discouraged because I was unable to be like the other people whose blogs I was reading. 

So I just gave up.

But I still had a passion for all those things I wanted to post about, and a desire to blog. But I convinced myself that since I wasn't able to be as good as others, I should just spare myself the time and effort. 

And so passed a year.

I really don't know what changed. I can't pinpoint it to one specific event. But I finally realized, "Who the hell cares?!" Who cares if I can't be like the other people I wanted to be like? Who cares if my blog is as successful or interesting or pretty as theirs? I wanted to write, and by George, I was going to write. But this time, I'm not going to put any standards on myself. I'm not going to have a set lists of post that I want to write about. I'm just going to write.

So here I am.

I'm going to try this again. But this time, I can't really summarize what my blog will be about. It will be about everything and nothing. It will be about food, home, marriage, babies, Christ. It will be about life. My life. One year older, one year wiser, but still just a newbie at heart.

XOXO,
a

No comments:

Post a Comment