Thursday, December 6, 2012

Welcome!

Welcome to my first ever blog post on The Newbie Mommy! I am so honored and thrilled that you stopped by. As the title of this blog suggests, I am a newbie (newb, noob, novice, young grasshopper... take your pick). A newbie at what, you might ask? Oh... you didn't ask? Well, I'll tell ya anyway!

I have been married to my wonderful husband Sako since June 12, 2011 (exactly 1 1/2 years in 6 days!). So, since we are still technically "newlyweds," I am a newb at being a wife. This entails cooking, cleaning, home decór, and all other things wifely.

We are also currently expecting our first baby (YAY!). I am at the beginning of my third trimester and freaking out about this CRAZY new chapter we are about to embark on. I know, I know. I started this blog late in my pregnancy, so chronicling my every vomit and bump update is just something you are going to have to live without. Please forgive me.

And lastly, I have decided I am going to venture uncharted territory... well for me anyway. I am going to start DIY-ing (DIM-ing?... ah who knows!). Mind you. I have never, not once, ever taken on a DIY project. So why start now? Well, I have been scaling the epic seas of, yup, you guessed it, Pinterest. And all the amazing things people make for real cheap has got me thinkin... why not me?

Hence the self-given title "Newbie," although my husband would whole-heartily agree with my choice of self-declaration (*sigh*). That's why I have started this blog. I want to chronicle my journey as a caterpillar and hope to see my progress into a beautiful butterfly, and I would love help in the process! I want to share all the things I learn as a new wife, mom, and DIY-er. And although I may grow and develop into these areas, I will always be nothing but a newb at heart.

*Stay tuned for some picture updates, so you can actually put a face to the craziness!

No comments:

Post a Comment