Sunday, May 11, 2014

Strawberry banana smoothie bowl



About a couple of months ago, our blender retired. It decided that it just did not want to serve us anymore and up and quit on me. Being the smoothie drinking girl that I am, I decided uh-uh. Just because I don't have a blender anymore, doesn't mean I can't have smoothies, right?

So, I came up with my new favorite breakfast... the smoothie bowl.

It's pretty much exactly what it sounds like. It is a smoothie in a bowl. Instead of throwing the ingredients in a blender and having a thick and creamy drink, you just throw them in a bowl, mash it up (if you like), and eat.

The best part about this is that it is so versatile! You can add anything you like. Here is my favorite recipe:


Variations can include anything from different fruits/veggies, to yogurt instead of (or in addition to) the peanut butter, or any other kind of liquid (coconut milk, regular cow's milk, orange juice, etc). Add your own touch and enjoy!

XOXO,
a



No comments:

Post a Comment