Friday, September 5, 2014

My to-do list

I have no idea if there are any people out there still reading this blog. After all, I am horrible at being consistent (sorry!). So, I am just going to use this space as my personal planner.

In this post, I am going to write down every single thing I plan to do in my home. I'm not talking about a day-to-day to-do list. This is more of a home improvement list. Whether it's DIY stuff, other decor plans, or even organization and cleaning, it will be on this list. I just got tired of having all of these ideas in my head and feeling overwhelmed, so I decided it's time to put it all down on paper (err... computer) and just take it one step at a time.

So without further ado, the list (it's gonna be a long one, folks).

"Master" Bedroom*

  1. Get rid of vertical blinds and replace with horizontal bamboo blinds
  2. Add curtains (most likely grey)
  3. Create a canvas with wedding picture
  4. Mount engagement and wedding canvas on the wall
  5. Make ribbon banner and put above the bed
  6. Mount "LOVE" signage
  7. Silver Leaf dresser and new handles
    1. Transfer clothes from old dresser
    2. Create an organized makeup storage
    3. Create an organized jewelry storage (inspiration: here)
  8. Organize closet
  9. Find cheap lamps and spray them metallic silver
  10. Organize nightstands 
  11. Find a couple of small throw pillows for the bed
  12. Lighting
Room color scheme:












Nursery

  1. Get rid of vertical blinds and replace with horizontal bamboo blinds
  2. Add curtains and color stripes (mint and grey)
  3. Buy toy chest and organize toys
  4. Get a yellow throw pillow for the glider
  5. Buy a new changing mat and a diaper pail
  6. Shadow box
  7. First year monthly pictures in frame
  8. Rug?
  9. Organize dresser and closet
  10. Lighting
Bathroom
  1. Organize under the sink
  2. Shelving above toilet
  3. Mason jar soap dispenser
  4. Get a collecting tray
  5. Wall decor?
  6. Clean shower doors
  7. Get mint/gray towels
Hallway
  1. Organize closet!
  2. Hang some sort of decor on the wall - pictures/art/shelving
Kitchen
  1. Coffee Station art
  2. Organize pantry
  3. Organize cupboards
  4. #FOOD decor above stove
  5. Curtains
  6. Color cupboards?
Dining Area
  1. Paint hutch (same mint color)
    1. Move china and bar inside
    2. Get rid of buffet
    3. Replace with some sort of food storage
  2. Dining table redo
  3. Gallery wall?
  4. Paint chairs
  5. Chalkboard paint small wall
Office Area
  1. Bookshelves
    1. Paint
    2. Add doors
    3. Organize
  2. Silver Leaf desk
  3. Add shelves above desk to organize
  4. Hide cords
  5. Get small containers as organization for under the desk
  6. Store unused cords in organized way
Living Room Area
  1. Paint and fix dresser as entertainment system
  2. Add an entrance
  3. Coffee table redo
  4. Decor above couches
  5. Remove vertical blinds and add horizontal wicker blinds
  6. Add curtains and paint stripes
  7. Paint side tables
  8. Mirror on middle wall
  9. Lighting
  10. Rug?
  11. Bench?
  12. Striped accent wall
  13. Make throw pillows
  14. Reupholster couches
Phew! That is a loooong list. I'm sure I will add more as time goes on. I can't wait to get started! It is definitely going to be a very slow process as budget is extremely (read, practically nonexistent) limited, and my apartment will probably look mismatched for a while, but I know I will get there. Hopefully I will remember to log everything as I go along and share with you all here. Let's do this!

*Our apartment doesn't really have a master bedroom. Both bedrooms are the same size. It's just the one my husband and I sleep in

No comments:

Post a Comment